Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Others: Death

Death was the second of the Four Horseman I got to do and I was dreading it, it's those wings. Feathers. Not a strong point of mine. When doing big figures like this the limbs can end up being like sculpting an entire figure in itself and the wings were pretty involved for me. Mostly because the art depicts them as moldering and sickly and I found out that to get that drooping and filthy look I was pushing dangerously close into hair technique territory and I began to worry that it was looking more like he had hairy wings rather then feathered. Hopefully he looks good to you all. And hey, look! It's those skulls again!














Art by: Adrian Smith

5 comments:

  1. Sir. Jon Paulson sent me over. I am probably one of the biggest fans (and, possibly, biggest purchaser of) your bioterrors.

    Just wanted to say that this stuff is amazing, and it is so perfectly close to the art!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very cool. Honestly when I saw this one I was not sure if you sculpted it or JAG. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, that is very high praise but trust me, if JAG did this it would look far better.

      Delete
  3. Totally looks like ragged feathers! Love this model so much.

    ReplyDelete